Getting your child evaluated for ADHD – What is JDC’s process?
Download the forms
CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Complete two parent/caregiver NICHQ Vanderbilt Assessment forms – an assessment needs to be completed by each parent/caregiver individually, for a total of two.
- Have at least two of your child’s teachers complete an assessment form. If your child is in elementary school, ask a coach, babysitter, or another instructor to complete a form.
- Return all forms to JDC in person, by mail, or by sending through your child’s patient portal.
- Your child’s primary care provider will then review and score the forms.
- A member of the staff will reach out to schedule an appointment; these are extended appointments with your child’s doctor, both caregivers when possible, and your child present.
– Resources for better understanding ADHD, education and advocacy, and ways to get support
- Parenting a child with ADHD
Medical Library > Behavior > ADHD Articles:
What Every Parent Should Know Before Starting a Child on Medication
How is Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Diagnosed?
Common Questions about Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Symptoms
What are the Symptoms of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder?
What Causes Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and How is it Treated?
What is Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder?
What is Behavioral Therapy?
What Types of Medication Reduce Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Symptoms?