As the novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is impacting the United States, our thoughts are with all those who have been affected by the virus. At JDC Pediatrics, we are responding to this rapidly evolving situation proactively. We feel it is important to share with you the steps we are taking to help keep you, your family, and our staff members healthy and safe.
We are carefully monitoring the situation with regular updates and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
and the Pennsylvania Department of Health
, as well as additional government agencies and health care providers.
As part of our commitment to your family’s health and well-being, we have put the following precautions in place:
- To keep your healthy children safe and able to obtain their well check-ups as scheduled, we are using Suite 108 at our Mechanicsburg office for well-child checks ONLY. We will not schedule any sick visits in Suite 108 during the pandemic.
- The Camp Hill office and Suite 109 of our Mechanicsburg office will be used for sick visits ONLY. Well children will not be seen in the same office as sick children.
- We are requesting that only ONE person accompany the patient to the visit.
- We are offering telehealth (video) visits with a physician for many types of sick and follow up visits.
- We are using screening measures for each appointment request to prevent any possible exposure to the COVID-19.
- We are advising parents to reschedule their child’s well-child appointment if their child has developed symptoms of a respiratory infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, fever) or if any household members have possible exposure to COVID-19.
- We are making every attempt to limit time spent in our waiting areas by bringing patients back promptly.
- We are continuing to thoroughly sanitize all patient areas including doorknobs, handles, desk areas, telephones, etc.
- We have removed all books and magazines from the waiting areas and exam rooms.
- Stickers have been removed from the exam rooms. Your child can now expect to pick a sticker at our check out areas from a “sticker board” rather than choosing from a basket that other patients have touched.
- We will ask each person entering our office to use hand sanitizer upon checking in.
As always, we will continue to update you and be available to meet your needs.
Please follow the guidelines for avoiding exposure available here
For more information please visit the following links from the American Academy of Pediatrics' parenting website HealthyChildren.org
2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Social Distancing: Why Keeping Your Distance Helps Keep Others Safe
Working and Learning from Home During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Handing Washing: A Powerful Antidote to Illness