The PA Department of Health has allocated the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to JDC Pediatrics. We are excited to once again be a part of the vaccine campaign to help end the COVID-19 pandemic!
We are administering the vaccine to our patients and to the public. The vaccine has FDA emergency use authorization for anyone 12 years of age and older as a two-dose series at least 21 days apart. If your child is a patient at JDC Pediatrics and you would like the vaccine for your child, please call 717-791-2680 and press option 1. All others who would like the vaccine, including parents of JDC patients, please call 717-791-2680 and press option 8.
- Contraindications include immediate allergic reaction of any severity to a previous dose or known ingredients in COVID-19 vaccine products.
- Precautions should be used if the recipient has a history of an immediate allergic reaction to any other vaccine or injectable therapy (i.e., intramuscular, intravenous, or subcutaneous vaccines or therapies).
- People with a contraindication to Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine have a precaution to both Moderna and Pfizer vaccines.
- Delay vaccination if you are experiencing moderate to severe acute illness.
- Covid-19 vaccines are not interchangeable.
Common side effects are as follows, usually starting within a day or two of getting the vaccine:
In the arm where you got the shot: pain, redness, swelling
Throughout the rest of your body: tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, fever, nausea
Vaccinations are reported to the PA Department of Health registry.
For more information on the COVID-19 vaccine for your child:
Getting Your Child Ready for the COVID-19 Vaccine